Claims Specialist - San Francisco, CA (Open to other locations)
At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
The At-Bay claims team is an incredibly collegial, collaborative, and high-performing team. We are proud to be ambassadors of the At-Bay brand, love what we do, and look at the world through a decidedly business lens. The team works closely with our security, product and underwriting teams to improve At-Bay’s ability to underwrite cyber risk.
- Collaborate with internal team and external vendors to chart the best course for resolving cyber incidents
- Evaluate coverage for claims and draft coverage letters
- Build strong relationships across the company and act as trusted advisor for underwriting and risk function with regard to claims trends and development
- Foster feedback loop with underwriting and security team to fuel the improvement of our products and automated UW engine
- Cultivate strong relationships with brokers and insureds and deliver the excellent service for which At-Bay is distinguishing itself
- Evaluate and manage exposure for cyber incidents
- Report on significant claims to management
- Evaluate and proactively set reserves
- Focus on continuous improvement for everything we do from a claims perspective and in connection with UW and security feedback loop
In this role we value
- Endless curiosity
- A sense of humor and a healthy dose of humility
- Desire to have an impact far deeper than just the claims that you manage by collaborating across the company to understand the risks our insureds face and consistently improve our underwriting technology and products
- Excellent communication skills and capable of credibly speaking to clients and partners regarding cyber incidents and At-Bay’s value
- Experience partnering with external stakeholders
Knowledge & experience
- 2-5 years’ of insurance claims-handling experience; bonus points for experience with cyber and technology insurance
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Dedication to delivering exceptional service to our customers
Education & qualifications
- Licensed claims adjuster (good to have licenses in multiple states, and willingness to obtain more)
- College degree or equivalent experience/education
- Insurance practice experience as a paralegal also could be considered
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $80,000-$110,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.
Something looks off?