At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
The At-Bay Claims team is an incredibly collegial, collaborative, and high-performing team. We are proud to be ambassadors of the At-Bay brand, love what we do, and look at the world through a decidedly business lens. The team works closely with our security, product and underwriting teams to improve At-Bay’s ability to underwrite cyber risk.
In this role you’ll report to the Director of Claims, and sit on the Claims leadership team. You’ll lead a sub-team of adjusters handling first-party cyber matters, and third-party cyber, media, and technology matters. You’ll be a hands-on leader to your team and represent Claims in cross-business initiatives to advance the At-Bay vision of helping businesses to thrive in a digital world. You’ll lead your team to achieve and maintain high levels of satisfaction for our customers and brokers through responsive, clear, expert high-quality claims management.
- Provide guidance and mentoring to direct reports to cultivate and maintain high levels of service to our customers
- Champion Claims across the organization
- Help foster the culture of cross-company collaboration and inspired curiosity within the team
- Provide oversight and guidance to direct reports around reserve-setting, coverage analysis, and claim-handling strategy, to help team stay on track with KPIs and uncover strategies to efficiently manage claims and continue to deliver excellent service as the business scales
- Review and approve coverage correspondence, particularly matters involving coverage denials and sensitive or complicated coverage issues
- Directly handle minimal caseload of high-profile high-exposure cyber, media, and technology matters, including potentially coverage litigation or disputes arising with policyholders
- Foster strong working relationships with direct reports, with insights into their strengths and areas of growth, to further enable efficient and best-in-class claims service
- Contribute to development of training materials, guidelines, and best practices for Claims
- Establish collaborative relationships across our leadership, within Claims as well as other business areas
- Identify claims trends and collaborate with risk, cyber research and product to communicate their potential impact on the book and contribute to addressing new trends
- Become a trusted advisor to brokers, policyholders, and partner vendors, and be viewed by them as a champion for the customer experience and an expert in cyber, tech, and media claims
In this role we value
- Endless curiosity, a sense of humor, and a healthy dose of humility.
- Ability to lead and influence others with genuine care, respect, and empathy.
- Technical expertise in first-party cyber matters, and third-party cyber, tech and media matters
- Desire to have an impact deeper than Claims by collaborating across the company to understand the risks our insureds face and consistently improve our underwriting technology and products.
- Experience partnering with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills; capable of credibly communicating with clients and partners regarding cyber incidents and At-Bay’s value.
What You’ve Already Accomplished
- Legal degree
- Significant insurance claims-handling experience and/or experience with insurance coverage and litigation practice as an attorney, and in particular complex first- and third-party cyber claims
- Experience handling technology and media errors and omissions matters
- Experience managing dispersed teams of 3+ people, or working with others to grow their experiences and careers
- Advanced analytical skills for evaluating coverage, and for developing and executing claim-handling strategies to achieve optimal results
- Ability to efficiently manage the claims load for your team by hiring great talent and providing hands-on training, mentoring, oversight and support
- Insurance adjuster license(s), or willingness to obtain them
Our estimated base pay range for this role is $170,000-$205,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.
Something looks off?