At-Bay combines world-class technology with industry-leading insurance to help clients meet risk head-on. Partnering with brokers and business owners alike, we provide modern insurance products and active risk monitoring services for companies of every size and in every industry. Our team boasts many backgrounds and skills, from analysts and developers to designers and underwriters, and everything in between — all working together to redefine what it means to be an insurance company.
We’re proud to be a diverse company and to have expertise from multiple industries driving our culture. At-Bay is expanding rapidly, and as we grow, we’re prioritizing inclusive hiring practices and supportive team environments. We’re committed to building a company culture where people of all identities and backgrounds are empowered to thrive, develop their career, and bring their full self to work.
At-Bay is a globally distributed company with hubs in Atlanta, New York City, San Francisco, and Tel Aviv. To date, we have raised $292 million in funding from Acrew Capital, Glilot Capital, Icon Ventures, ION Crossover Partners, Khosla Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, M12, entrepreneur Shlomo Kramer, and Qumra Capital.
- Underwrite, rate, price, and quote small businesses with limited underwriter supervision.
- Solicit, review, and validate subjectivities/contingencies required for binder/policy issuance.
- Process and issue binder/policy documents, loss runs, mid-term endorsements, and cancellations to our external brokers & partners.
- Manage components of the policy renewal lifecycle, such renewal solicitations, resolving auto-renewal policy issues, and manual/revised renewal quote issuance.
- Act as a primary point of contact for our third-party processing partner when they have questions or issues.
- Facilitate system & process training for new organizational joiners.
- Test new system functionality prior to it being released to the wider internal population in the production environment.
- Assist underwriters and other users with documentation and resolution of system bugs.
- Represent the underwriting team as an active & vocal participant in system & process enhancement discussions and requirement gathering sessions.
Attributes and Qualifications
- Basic knowledge of the underwriting process and of casualty coverage and required forms/endorsements.
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated high accuracy output.
- Strong problem solving, reasoning, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/oral communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting established deadlines.
- Ability to demonstrate planning and organizational skills.
- Proven team player and energetic personality.
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary, benefits and options package
- An amazing role and professional growth opportunity
- Passionate, smart, and fun people to work with
Our estimated base pay for this role is $65,000 per year. Base salary is determined by a variety of factors including but not limited to market data, location, internal equitability, domain knowledge, experiences and skills. In general, if the position sparks your interest we encourage you to apply - our team prioritizes talent.