Site Reliability Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
At FERNRIDE, we call the team that provides most of the services and infrastructure as well as verification efforts, the Engineering and Verification Ecosystems (EVE) team. As the foundation of Fernride engineering, the EVE team is poised to build the most productive engineering team in the world with an engineering system that scales, rock-solid cloud platforms and world class verification. From source management to deploying to individual vehicles roaming around different yards, from distributed building/testing to orchestrating container-based integration tests in the cloud, from customizing and installing OSs and firmware to building CLI and web services and applications, we have it all covered.
As a Site Reliability Engineer (f/d/m), you will work with C++, Rust, Python, Java, Kotlin, Go, React, Typescript, Bazel, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, Jenkins, Linux, embedded systems, etc. Our team is impactful and high leverage: we make the entire engineering organization more productive as well as provide services to our business developers and customers. You will have visibility into every other engineering team and their systems and engage in helping and mentoring them.
Leave your footprint by:
- designing and implementing scalable distributed systems to facilitate the development of remote-controlled and self-driving trucks together with our software engineers.
- scaling the reliability and velocity of our systems and processes through increased automation and monitor and maintain mission-critical production cloud services to ensure maximum uptime.
- empowering engineers to get to full autonomy faster by providing initiative and technical leadership to build reliable, high-quality solutions that scale with Fernride’s engineering processes.
- documenting actions to build a comprehensive library of runbooks, which will act as a knowledge base and foundation for automation.Participate in an on-call rotation, run book management, and culture of continuous improvement through blameless postmortems.
- open source your work, describe it in blog posts, and talk about it at conferences.
What you will bring to the team?
- Fundamental understanding of Linux operating system internals, TCP/IP networking, and storage subsystems.
- Strong experience scaling and securing services in the cloud (Azure, AWS, GCP) or cloud-native environments.
- Experience using infrastructure-as-code principles to automate the creation of infrastructure resources (e.g., Crossplane, Cluster API, Terraform, CloudFormation).
- Understanding of engineering design limitations and ability to guide teams to scale their services to achieve desired performance within budget.
- Experience implementing and debugging cloud native and open-source tools such as Kubernetes, etcd, Prometheus, FluentD and Istio.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse and distributed team.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.