Lead Designer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do ?
As a Lead Designer (f/d/m), you will play a pivotal role in shaping our user experience strategy and ensuring the seamless integration of user-centric design principles into our cutting-edge autonomous driving technology. For this, we are seeking a highly skilled and experienced UX Designer to join our fast-growing company and help to establish the UX department from scratch. Doing this, you have the unique opportunity to work on a completely new product and future defining work place (remote control station and center). You will be reporting to and closely collaborating with the Chief Product Officer (CPO) to discuss strategic initiatives, next to your collaboration with product management, engineering, and operations teams to drive the creation of exceptional user experiences. While the role has the potential to evolve into a people management position, we understand and respect the desire to focus on hands-on design work.
Leave your footprint by:
- developing and executing a comprehensive user experience strategy, encompassing both software and equipment, for our autonomous driving technology.
- collaborating closely with product management, engineering, business development and operations teams to define user and customer journey, user experience requirements, goals, and success metrics for our products.
- leading the design and creation of user interfaces and user interactions for our ergonomic remote control station and center, the autonomous trucks, fleet management software and other relevant platforms.
- managing external UX agencies and contractors, providing clear guidance, feedback, and expectations to ensure the timely and successful delivery of UX projects.
- recruiting, onboard, mentor, and develop a high-performing UX team, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- advocating for user-centered design principles within the organisation, driving a strong culture of empathy and usability throughout the development process.
What you will bring to the team?
- Proven track record in UX design roles, preferably in deep tech, automotive, or related industries.
- Strong background in both hardware and software UX design, with experience in developing intuitive interfaces for complex systems.
- Solid knowledge of B2B user experience design, considering the unique needs and challenges of enterprise-level customers.
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders and build strong relationships across different teams.
- Prior experience managing external UX agencies and contractors.
- Open to travel to our deployment location.
- Passion for emerging technologies and a genuine interest in autonomous driving and the future of mobility.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.