Autonomous Vehicle Test & Verification Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What would you do
As a highly skilled Autonomous Vehicle Integration Engineer (m/f/d) you will collaborate with our engineering team working on the development of autonomous vehicles. You will be responsible for design and specification of electrical and electronic interfaces and integrating high-tech hardware components, such as sensors and compute units which are required for autonomous trucking.
Leave your footprint by:
- contributing to the system architecture and design from an integration perspective
- designing and documenting the network for Ethernet, CAN, etc. and configuring the network components according to this e.g. switches, router, modems.
- integrating high-tech hardware components (such as sensors and compute units) into existing and new prototypes and ensure proper communication and operation.
- designing, implementing and maintaining test-benches and HILs (Hardware in the Loop) including measurement equipment.
- designing, implementing and executing test automation to ensure proper integration of our systems in vehicles for prototyping and production
- working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless integration of technology
- conducting testing and troubleshooting to ensure proper function of integrated systems and robust design principles
- developing and maintaining technical documentation related to integration processes and procedures
What you will bring to the team?
- 5 years of experience in the design and integration of autonomous or ADAS systems into vehicles.
- 5 years of experience in using Python for test automation. CAPL is plus.
- Strong experience in using state of the art tools like CAN and Ethernet analyser, logic analyser etc.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
About your team
The Engineering team is built up with a group of dynamic and innovative experts pushing the boundaries in autonomous driving technology and teleoperation.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all your colleagues and you benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.