Senior Control and Planning Engineer (f/d/m)
FERNRIDE is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to Diversity & Inclusion because we want to celebrate everyone's differences and individuality. We aim for empowering our employees working together, individually and bringing the best ideas to life. We strive to create an open, safe space in which you feel encouraged to speak up and be heard. Be authentic and simply be you!
What will you do
At FERNRIDE, our Autonomy team works on enabling automating truck driving within container yards. We are on the hunt for passionate and pragmatic individuals to contribute their expertise in Perception, Control, and Localization. Leveraging a cutting-edge sensor suite that includes LIDARs, Radars, Cameras, and GNSS technology, we are dedicated to tackling the most complex real-world scenarios in container yards. If you are ready to be a part of a forward-thinking team, working within well-defined Operational Design Domain (ODD) constraints, and driving innovative solutions to accelerate development while mitigating technical risks, this is the place to be.
As a Senior Control and Planning Engineer (f/d/m), you will play a pivotal role in the advancement of our self-driving technology stack. You will be responsible for contributing to the design, development, implementation, and testing of control and planning algorithms that underpin our autonomous driving system. Your expertise will directly impact our ability to navigate complex environments, make informed decisions, and ensure the safety and reliability of our self-driving vehicles.
Leave your footprint by:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to define, design, and implement control and motion planning algorithms that enable safe and efficient autonomous driving.
- Developing and optimizing of algorithms to enhance vehicle automated driving performance.
- Participating in the complete software development lifecycle, from conception to deployment, while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Iteratively testing and validating your algorithms in simulation and real-world scenarios to ensure robust performance and safety.
- Mentoring and collaborating with junior engineers to foster knowledge sharing and skill development within the team.
- Contribute into roadmap planning, helping estimate timelines and risks of development tasks.
What you will bring to the team?
- A proven track record of successfully shipping self-driving software solutions, showcasing your ability to overcome complex challenges and deliver results.
- Expertise in C++ and Python programming languages, with a strong understanding of software development principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing control and planning algorithms for autonomous vehicles.
- Familiarity with perception algorithms and sensor fusion techniques to enhance environmental understanding.
- Strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a diverse team.
- Excellent communication skills to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- A passion for staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in self-driving technology and a drive to contribute to our innovative projects.
What we offer @FERNRIDE
Working with FERNRIDE means accomplishments are based on team effort, so all my colleagues and I benefit from:
- Company shares
- 1000 EUR Learning & Development budget per year
- Flexible working hours in a hybrid work model
- Up to six weeks of remote work across Europe
- Team events and quarterly offsites
- Collaborative, transparent, and fun-loving culture
- 30 days of vacation
- Snacks / beverage
Who we are
FERNRIDE offers scalable automation solutions for yard trucking that increase productivity, promote sustainability, and improve worker safety. We employ a human-assisted automation approach, which allows for remote takeovers of electric trucks when necessary. This ensures seamless integration and reliable operations for logistics operators. With over a decade of research and high-profile customers, including Volkswagen, HHLA, DB Schenker, and BSH, FERNRIDE uses cutting-edge technology to address major industry challenges, such as driver shortages and the negative environmental impact of logistics operations.