Software Engineer - Backend
Posted on Thursday, August 4, 2022
At Ghost, we are building a cloud scale security platform for the modern enterprise. Our founding team are veterans of the cyber security industry with decades of experience building teams and products for the most demanding commercial and public sector organizations. Ghost is backed by top tier venture firms and is on a mission to raise the bar of what is possible and what is expected of modern enterprise security tools and platforms. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
• We are outcome-driven and dedicated
• We are customer-obsessed
• We believe in people's ability to grow
• We believe enterprise software can be beautiful
About the Role:
We are looking for Software Engineers to help us build robust and scalable systems that power our security platform. As a Software Engineer - Backend at Ghost, you will contribute to the development, testing, and deployment of our customer facing web platform backend built with Python and modern API frameworks. You'll be working closely with our web platform frontend engineers to create an efficient user experience for Ghost customers. If you have a solid background in backend development, and advanced level knowledge of Python (and async patterns), we want to meet you.
Ghost is growing fast and the engineering team is no exception. The role is fully engaged - you will be writing highly resilient code, pairing with other members of the backend engineering team, and collaborating closely with members of the frontend engineering team. You'll need to be comfortable collaborating closely with other engineers, product managers, and design partner customers to deliver an exceptional user experience for our customers.
- Obsessed with writing high quality, linted, tested code in Python
- Experienced integrating Python applications synchronously and asynchronously with relational databases
- Capable of mentoring and providing support and guidance for other team members
- Experienced at leading pair programming sessions
- Familiar with shipping code in a modern, containerized, continuous delivery environment
- Comfortable working in an asynchronous, distributed team environment with team members in different time zones
- Capable of giving and receiving iterative feedback through code reviews and collaborative development
- Able to respond to changing requirements efficiently and adjust goals and timelines accordingly
- Have demonstrable work product hosted online (e.g. code repos, projects, or portfolios)
- Have experience building and deploying software in a cloud environment - Google Cloud is a plus
• Competitive compensation and stock options
• Full health insurance, including vision and dental
• Monthly health & wellness allowance for gym, spa, therapy, etc.
• Remote first working, with most team members between the Eastern and Pacific time zones
• Home office upgrade budget to be sure you have the right tools to do your best work
• Learn and Grow - we provide continuing education stipend to attend industry relevant training, conferences, and events that help you build your network and skills
• Unlimited PTO - we require employees to take at least 2 weeks off per year
• Quarterly off-sites at amazing locations
Ghost is committed to fostering and supporting an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Ghost encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.