High Definition Vehicle Insurance
Marketing & Communications
Anderson, SC, USA · Greenville, SC, USA · Spartanburg, SC, USA
Posted on Thursday, January 18, 2024
What we do
HDVI is modern insurance for today’s fleets driven by service, safety and savings. With real-time telematics data informing our risk models, we help lower premiums, mitigate risk, engage and reward drivers and simply put, offer uncomplicated protection for trucking fleets. Our customers are small to midsize truck fleet operators who benefit from dynamic and transparent pricing – automatically reducing their premiums for safer driving. Leveraging a best-in-class partner ecosystem, HDVI combines magnitude and stability with innovation to revolutionize commercial trucking insurance.
Why work here
HDVI is building the industry-defining commercial auto insurance company for the next 100 years. The $50 billion commercial auto industry hasn’t seen real innovation for decades and is broken in a number of ways, creating a significant opportunity for HDVI.
HDVI is co-founded by a former Esurance co-founder, and has a senior management team with experience building innovative insurance and logistics companies from zero to $1B+ enterprises and deep expertise in trucking insurance. HDVI is well-funded by leading logistics and mobility-focused venture capital firms and strategic investors, including 8VC, Munich Re, and Daimler Trucks.
The HDVI Team is values-driven, data-driven, ambitious, and collaboratively minded, with a diverse background of experiences and skills in the insurance and logistics industries. We like challenges and building solutions that improve the quality of life for our customers. We offer generous benefits, including employee stock options, health, dental, vision, 401k, flexible work environment, and unlimited PTO.
About the Role
Fleet Underwriters at HDVI work in an exciting and collaborative environment selecting and pricing commercial trucking fleets. Our Underwriting team leverages traditional truck underwriting methods supplemented with advanced telematics data. You will have access to a market-leading insurance product that continuously incentivizes safety with a dynamic pricing structure. You’ll be equipped with telematics-based fleet, driver, and vehicle statistical models. You will be underwriting competitive products on A.M. Best A- rated and admitted paper. As a core member of a growing team, your input and feedback will impact the future strategy and direction of our company.
You will work closely with a select group of appointed retail agency partners that specialize in trucking. Our underwriting team is aided by our risk management group, HDVI Fleet Services, in pre-inspection and mid-term monitoring of book health. You’ll be supported by our Underwriting Analysts, who assist by providing detailed analyses of driving behavior, past and forecasted losses, FMCSA and telematics data, trade routes, and more.
What You'll Do
- Determine individual risk acceptability based on underwriting criteria
- Examine risk for unique exposures within the coverages offered
- Assess risk quality based on driving behavior, prior exposure and loss history, fleet operations, and more
- Develop adequate premium through objective and detailed analyses
- Grow a profitable book of business
- Monitor the health of your portfolio
- Master the coverages offered and share your expertise with agency partners
- Manage agency relationships
- Maintain familiarity with competitive landscape and trucking industry trends
What You Have
- 3+ years of commercial auto underwriting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of the coverages underwritten - Commercial Auto Liability & Physical Damage, Motor Truck Cargo, and Truckers General Liability
- Comprehensive knowledge of large deductible and/or self insured retention, auto liability policies and how to profitably rate them
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years of commercial truck underwriting experience
- CPCU, ARM, or equivalent designation
- College education
- Advanced Excel skills
- Competitive salary & stock options
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Flexible office policy
If you are interested in this position, please contact our Senior People Operations Specialist, Morgan Harrison. You can reach him at Morgan@hdvi.com.