Senior DevOps Engineer - INSHUR (UK)
Who we are
Founded in 2016, we are one of the fastest-growing and commercially proven Insurtech companies in the new insurance landscape. Working closely with globally recognised partners, we provide fully digital auto insurance for taxi, TLC, ride-share, delivery, private fleet and private hire drivers, enabling them to get from a quote to a full policy cover in the shortest possible time. Our products are currently live in the USA, UK and the Netherlands and we have exciting plans to expand to new territories and add new product lines in the future.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join us at INSHUR; we are based in sunny Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and we split our working between home and the office (hybrid working), which typically includes working from our Brighton office at least once every two weeks. We prioritise face-to-face over remote work for planning and workshops, but welcome everyone working remotely when getting on with their work.
The Senior DevOps Engineer role serves to provide a valuable contribution to the DevOps team and ensure our effective ongoing support for the underlying INSHUR platform. The DevOps team is responsible for the overarching framework which underpins our software development teams, with our collective goal being to deliver high quality INSHUR products to our customers.
The below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role. However, our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed above.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Subscribe to Infrastructure as Code principles and have experience withTerraform
- Can write Python and enjoy building bespoke tooling
- Know your way around a cloud platform whether it’s AWS, Azure or GCP
- Are familiar with service oriented/microservice based architecture.
- Are confident with logging, metrics, and monitoring systems, and understand the importance of insight and visibility into application behavior and performance
- Understand the value of security without compromising on usability.
- Are passionate about technology and super keen on finding best way to solve complex problems
Things we’ve been working on recently (and you’ll likely be working on too):
- Managing Kubernetes at scale
- IAC best practices with Terraform
- CI/CD build and deployment pipelines
- Application and cloud security
- Managing an International platform
- Python tooling and services
- Monitoring and visibility
- Performance testing
- Building deployment tooling to support cross-functional projects
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- up to 13 weeks parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexibility to choose your own place of work (UK only) and flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive in. We operate in a hybrid of remote and office-based work and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.