Senior QA Engineer
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly, with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Senior QA Engineer here at INSHUR; our office is in sunny Brighton and we try to get into the office once or twice a week, however, we understand that lives need a little flexibility so this might not always be expected. You’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories including the UK, USA and The Netherlands.
We've got a great team of Engineers who work to deliver innovative and effective solutions to modern insurance problems. We have a positive and supportive culture and we are proud of the people we have. Check out our Glassdoor reviews to see what our colleagues say!
We value high performance and care deeply about making INSHUR feel like a place where everyone is building something really special, that we can all be proud of, and doing it with friends.
We are seeking an experienced Senior QA Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be supported by and report to a Principal Engineer, who will work alongside you to help you excel in your role and provide mentorship to advance your skills and career.
As a Senior QA Engineer, you will ensure INSHUR produces high-quality products and features. You'll lead efforts to improve our development and deployment pipelines, continuously enhance our automation, and promote quality by implementing shift-left and shift-right best practices. Your expertise will be vital in guiding the QA team to success.
Below is a guideline of skills that we think would make you successful in this role, don't worry if you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Have extensive experience with TDD / BDD and CI/CD methodologies
- Possess advanced knowledge of Typescript or Java
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of testing for web applications, as well as RESTful and GraphQL API services
- Have experience with any of the following technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, GCP, NodeJS, ReactJS, Spring, Terraform, Vault, Prometheus, Grafana, Mobile Development
- Understand and adhere to good software development practices, e.g., Repository Management, Branching Strategies, Clean Code
- Know modern languages (Go, Scala, Clojure, etc.) as a plus
Your colleagues say:
- You're diligent and pragmatic, balancing attention to detail with a focus on the bigger picture
- You understand when to automate and when not to, striking the right balance for efficiency and effectiveness
- You excel at crafting strategies but also enjoy staying involved in day-to-day details
- You have a solid ability to mentor and develop the skills of junior team members
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our people’s long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- Private healthcare scheme for you and your family
- Life Insurance
- Up to 13 weeks of parental leave at full pay, regardless of your gender
- Flexible working hours
- Annual personal training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top of the range kit, and any software you need.
INSHUR is the leading provider of insurance across North America and Europe that satisfies the diverse needs of on-demand drivers.
With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
We completed our B1 funding as well as the acquisition of American Business Insurance in 2023. We have exciting plans to continue growing our portfolio and product lines and expand to new territories in the future.
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.
Something looks off?