Customer Support Associate (Dutch speaking) - INSHUR (UK)
Are you keen to work somewhere that’s stimulating and friendly with countless opportunities for growth and plenty of freedom to make a real impact? This could be the place for you!
We are looking for a Dutch speaking Customer Support Associate at INSHUR. Based in or around Brighton, you’ll be working on re-inventing insurance in exciting markets across multiple territories, including the UK, New York and Netherlands, and new European countries and US states as we expand. We are based in sunny Brighton (sea, chips and seagulls included) and we split our working between home and the office (hybrid working) which typically includes working from our Brighton office. We prefer getting together for workshops, events, and certain meetings, but understand that this isn't always possible for everyone. So, just like our product, we are flexible.
Reporting to the Customer Operations Manager, you'll be joining a friendly team of 14 who believe in delivering a world-class service experience to differentiate INSHUR from your average Insurance company and making a real difference to our customer's lives.
What you'll do
As our Customer Support Associate, you will provide our customers with insurance and technical support directly via phone, email and chat. This role is key to INSHUR’s growth and ensures the best possible experience for our customers.
We don’t have a checklist of skills - our hiring process is much more around aptitude and passion so don’t worry if you’ve not used a particular tool or checked off all the skills and experience listed below.
That said, below is a guideline of skills for you to take a look at that we think would make you successful in this role:
- Handle inbound calls, chat and email from our existing customers on a range of insurance-related queries
- Respond to all customers in a timely, efficient, polite and professional manner
- Adhere to the Customer Support Team's SLAs and KPI's
- You will ensure customer satisfaction by making our customers feel like they’re dealing with a person – not an insurer
- Have a thorough understanding of our products and use this to help answer our customer's queries
- Accurately log all information on customer policies and our in-house systems
- Assist in processing renewals, mid-term adjustments and cancellations on existing insurance policies
- Identify ways to improve our customer journey, using your initiative to suggest effective solutions
- Undertake other administrative tasks as may be deemed necessary from time to time and provide cover for other members of staff
- Play an integral part of a growing team with the aim of continuing our international success
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a minimum of two years of experience working within a high-performing customer support environment
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Zendesk
- Experience with customer-facing Knowledge Bases is an advantage
- You are able to multitask, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Team player with the motivation to go above and beyond for our customers
- Have experience working within a regulated environment
- The ability to adapt to a given situation without compromising standards
- You are able to work a 40-hour shift pattern between the hours of 8 am - 6 pm Monday - Friday
Your colleagues say you:
- Are passionate about delivering world-class customer support
- You’re a great team player and a brilliant communicator
- Growth mindset, open to new ideas, embrace feedback & coaching
What we offer
We provide a friendly and stimulating environment for everyone to grow, learn and thrive. We operate in a hybrid environment and we encourage a flexible way of working to adapt to personal circumstances and individual and business needs.
We offer all our employees stock options and we will pay into your pension monthly. We've also built a benefits package that invests in our employee's long-term personal and professional growth and wellbeing. Here’s a sample of what this includes:
- 30 days of holiday annually in addition to bank holidays
- 13 weeks full pay parental leave regardless of your gender
- Flexible working hours
- Annual training allowance and regular learning opportunities
- Monthly flexible wellbeing allowance to help you stay healthy and productive
It goes without saying that we provide everyone with a laptop, monitor, top-of-the-range kit and any software you need.
Where possible, we will cross-train and/or focus on what interests you, whether it’s Marketing and Sales or Product and Engineering.
INSHUR is the leading provider of insurance across North America and Europe that satisfies the diverse needs of on-demand drivers.
With a focus on embedded insurance solutions, and complementary technology integrations for digital platform providers such as Uber and Amazon, we’ve been helping drivers stay on the road since 2016 through our data, technology and in-house expertise.
As a global team of around 200 people based across the US, UK and the Netherlands, we value:
- Generosity, inclusivity, open-mindedness and diversity
- The delivery of great results and learning in the open
- Freedom to make long-term, high-impact decisions
- The wellbeing of their teammates and the people around them
- Enjoying the ride
We believe that having a diverse team where everyone can be their authentic self is the key to our success. We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so we encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age. Our offices, when open, are child-friendly, dog-friendly and fully wheelchair-accessible.
While this position is advertised as full-time, we are flexible on the specific arrangements for the right candidate and would be happy to discuss part-time, job-share or other flexible arrangements, if required. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements for your interview and we will do our best to accommodate.