Senior Backend Developer (Node.js)
We are a tech company at heart, building our own data-driven insurance platform. We extensively rely on data (API integrations, automated workflows, rule engines, machine learning) to figure out how to best get (and keep) our customer’s companies insured. Combine that with our fully online portal, real attention to UX, and leading underwriting, then getting your business insured may just become a fun experience.
We’re a team led by seasoned entrepreneurs who have built successful businesses in fintech and e-commerce (HelloFresh, Bloomon, SumUp, and Blendle to name a few!)
We're international, with a growing customer base in The Netherlands, France, and Germany, and are rapidly expanding to the rest of Europe.
Our Tech Stack
- Front-end: React, all in Typescript!
- Backend: Node.js (Typescript), fully serverless, CQRS, event-sourced, event-driven, Clean (Hexagonal) architecture
- Deployment: AWS cloud-native, Terraform, Github Actions
- Data: Databricks with many data pipelines and ML
- Spolsky test: 11 out of 12, and continuously improving
You will build out the heart of Insify: a fully automated platform to underwrite insurances, based on extensive data. This is where amazing UX, rule engines, workflows, data feeds from external sources as well as our event-sourced web applications come together. Among others, you work with event-sourcing, serverless lambda functions in AWS, NoSQL databases, and big data. You take full responsibility for the products you develop with the team and continuously improve and refactor to meet new business needs.
What will make you successful in this role:
- You have an affinity and experience in backend development in Node.js with Typescript. Experience in other languages is always a plus!
- You prefer strongly typed and functional languages to simply know it works when the build says “ok”, with Clean Coding as your daily mantra.
- You can demonstrate you created Large-scale applications beyond the 2,000-line textbook example. Preferably more than once.
Bonus points if you:
- Know your way around React (or Vue).
- Have DevOps experience, we use the AWS suite.
- Have Machine Learning or big data experience.
- Have fintech or even more relevant, insurtech experience
What we offer
- Join the ride of a lifetime, building the first pan-European Neo-Insurer
- Apply your skills and talents to disrupt one of the biggest global industries. And show the world insurance can be fair, transparent, and trustworthy
- Work with a small group of very experienced and dedicated entrepreneurs
- Work in a start-up environment: scale rapidly, pick up your own initiatives, directly contribute to the development of the Company
- Innovate and learn at Lab Days, tech learning & Uncle Bob's clean coding sessions
- Earn a competitive salary alongside an equity package
- Enjoy a Pension plan and wellbeing budget
- Work from our HQ in Amsterdam, Europe’s highest valued startup ecosystem
- Our team has lots of nationalities; English is our company language
- We offer Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed