Intermediate Full Stack Developer
This role is open only for Québec residents. You can apply for the role as long as you are residing in the province of Québec and are eligible to work from there. This is a remote position, so you can work from anywhere in the province. Bien entendu, on parle français!
At Inspectify, we are the world’s only vertically integrated property inspection platform. We are backed by some of the most prominent venture firms including Fundrise, Nine Four VC, Foundation VC and YCombinator (S20). Our platform streamlines home inspections through our network of over 2,000 inspector partners in the US and Canada. Our proprietary inspection software and platform enables and empower homeowners to discover and care for the home they love, bringing them visibility and data regarding the property they own.
We are looking to expand our engineering team based in Montreal, that works in tandem with the rest of the product, engineering and data teams in Seattle and around the USA. This is a fully remote job, but we get together from time to time for in person meetings and collaboration sessions (4-5 times a year). Our CTO and Cofounder is originally from Québec, and our VP Engineering is based in Montreal.
We are looking for a Full-stack engineer to come help design and build our platform. You will be part of the team responsible for building our backend system (Ruby on Rails and Postgresql), integrating it with our frontend technology (React and React Native using GraphQL). You’ll help build the marketplace used by home buyers to find home inspectors and our homeowner platform to help them manage and keep their house in perfect condition. You will also contribute to building new features within our inspection app. This app is used by our inspectors to conduct home inspections, gathering all the details, media and information about the condition of the houses inspected by Inspectify.
- Build new features for our web portals (React and Rails) and mobile apps (React Native).
- Take on exciting technical challenges as we keep building some very exciting projects to support our growth and operational efficiency
- Own all parts of the development process, including writing technical documents, development of the features, testing, and helping with the rollout
- Maintain current technical knowledge to support rapidly changing technology, always on the lookout for new technologies that would help Inspectify be more successful
- Work closely with members from the Product, Operations, Sales and Customer Success teams to find answers and solutions for our users and to make our teams more efficient
- At least 3 to 5 years of software engineering experience
- Good experience with backend technologies, particularly Ruby on Rails or a similar technology
- Hands-on experience building web and mobile applications using React and React Native is a plus
- Experience with frameworks and tools like Sidekiq, Heroku, Github, CircleCI, Sentry, Scout APM, etc (or equivalent)
- Good understanding of web technology stacks, including browser caching, cookies, http request, GraphQL, security, and response mechanism, etc
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to adjust quickly in a dynamic environment
Bonus points if you have:
- Proficiency in CSS and SASS is a plus
- Good knowledge of the mobiles APIs for Camera, file storage, etc
- Experience with Objective C, Swift, Kotlin or Java (developing on Android)
- Experience building products and software in a startup environment
Package & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and equity package
- Unlimited/flexible vacation policy
- A very generous maternity/paternity time off policy, complimentary to QPIP
- Complete and generous health insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc), paid for 100%
- Life Insurance, long term & short term disability paid paid for 100%
- Annual professional development stipend for books
- Team volunteering opportunities
- Travel to Seattle (at least) once a year for our corporate offsites and get-together
We care about people
The whole is greater than the sum of its parts - Aristotle
We’re a remote first company, and our culture and internal processes are designed with this mindset. We value autonomy, accountability and transparency and we thrive to show it at every level and opportunity presented to us. We believe that success and happiness can be achieved by taking care of ourselves and the ones surrounding us. This obviously includes our customers and partners.
Understand and connect the system
The Real Estate industry is an evergrowing, fast changing market. We aim at solving a complex problem in an ecosystem where we don’t always control all the inputs and outputs. Our current work and future vision will continuously affect the different elements in the space. From all areas, know how one action or change can affect the ecosystem.
Empower to Own
We strive to set an environment where people can be leaders which means being able to own. Opening up opportunities for trials, experiments, and thought-provoking conversations will bring a sense of impact and value to each and every one of us.
Be consistent with a purpose
We need to have established opinions on different matters. These perspectives that we carry on shows that we should be consistent in our messaging, interactions, and relationships. But, always remember to be intentional and know why we hold onto these thoughts.
Expand your potential
We want to be in a culture that cultivates growth in our employees. Leaders not only lead but also think bigger organizationally. By crafting this type of atmosphere, we want to make sure our customers and partners are getting the best experience.
Be conscious by giving back
We adopt a mentality of creating a cycle of giving back to the community and society. The space we’re in is very tight-knit and Inspectify needs to be at the forefront of being an example in the industry. Being thoughtful of our community reflects that we are conscious of our position in the business.