Frontend Software Engineer
Location: Kfar Saba, Israel (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
If you want to build software that really matters and has an impact, we are disrupting the insurance world with our products and helping business owners thrive by providing them with the insurance they really need with the right coverage and with a comfortable price.
If you want to take your career to the next level! So do we! We believe in continuous learning and keep on challenging ourselves with the highest standards and the latest technology.
If you love pixel perfect design with great UX that will give the best possible experience to the end user.
What You’ll Do:
As a frontend software engineer on the website team you will be responsible for the face of Next Insurance.
In your day to day you will:
- Design, build and launch product capabilities that will help improve our product and help our customers thrive.
- Work with product managers, analysts and other engineers to achieve business goals.
- Own the features starting from working on requirements with product, designing and implementing the feature, taking care of the quality using automation, and monitor the feature success.
- Care about team productivity and system health by evolving our technology, building tools and progressing with our technological roadmap.
- Leave the code in a better state than when you found it.
- Constantly work on your professional development
What We Need:
- You have at least 4 years of hands-on experience in a high scale production web environment.
- You have worked with React or any other modern JS framework - a must.
- You are proficient with JS/HTML/CSS3/Git and SDK + API integrations.
- You are familiar with the concept of self-serve and have experience with at least one CMS system.
- You have experience with automation testing and believe that quality is a major factor in software lifecycle - E2E, Unit, integration tests, etc...
- You have experience with CI/CD pipelines - Familiarity with services like Jenkins and infrastructure as code (e.g. Terraform) on AWS.
- A team player with self-learning capabilities and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and demanding environment.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Something looks off?