Sr. Small Commercial Sales Representative
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
We are looking for a Sr. Small Commercial Sales Representative to join our Agent Channel team. Sr. Small Commercial Sales Representatives are the driving force behind our sales and production efforts. In this role, you'll take the lead in expanding our agency network and optimizing our most significant partnerships to boost production. You'll be at the forefront of agency prospecting, closing, appointing, and onboarding, directly influencing the success of Next. If you are passionate about strong relationship building and thrive in a dynamic environment, you belong on our team!
What You’ll Do
- Build the territory by fostering agency partnerships. This includes identifying potential high performing Independent Agencies and agency group candidates, assessing their suitability, onboarding them, and collaborating closely with our agency marketing and customer service teams
- Partner with agencies to increase NEXT policy sales within the small business sector through direct outreach, marketing initiatives, and comprehensive training
- Act as the voice of our agents within our internal teams, representing their valuable feedback on coverage and rates
- Work with the Product team to roll out tools designed to enhance agency growth and customer retention for Next policies
- Facilitate essential integrations between the Product and Operations teams and agent systems
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5-6 years of experience across various aspects of wholesaler, broker, and carrier management
- Extensive experience in prospecting, qualifying, appointing, and onboarding new Independent Agencies and Agency Groups
- Proven track record of successfully generating new written premiums from retail agencies and brokerages
- In-depth knowledge of commercial insurance products
- Open to travel up to 25% as needed
- Property & Casualty License
- BA degree
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.