Data Scientist, Growth
Location: Palo Alto, CA (hybrid)
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
Want to build an amazing insurance product for our SMB customers? As a member of the growing Direct-to-Customer data team, you will leverage data to shape the go-to-market strategy by closely collaborating with the teams from design, product, engineering, and partnership operations. The ideal candidate is passionate about building excellent product experience for customers via clear metrics, deep and rigorous funnel analysis from experiments and user behavioral data, and compelling communication with the wide audience. Join us to unlock the next level of insurance product!
What You’ll Do:
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams from ideation, development to learning and optimization
- Be able to derive hypotheses and drive actionable insights from experiments and/or user behavior data to improve the product growth and revenue
- Ownership; define relevant metrics, proactive monitor the business health, and identify the root causes of the changes and propose potential solutions
- Influence the GTM strategy with clear communication and easy-to-understand data/visualizations of varying technical levels
- Collaborate with engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof data instrumentation
What We Need:
- Fluent in SQL and comfortable with less structured data format such as JSON
- Proficiency in statistical analysis using Python or R.
- Conduct deep-dive analysis with statistical rigor and advocate for advanced analytical techniques
- Comfort with ambiguity; autonomous and proactive in identifying the opportunities by working with XFN
- BA/BS degree with a minimum 2 years of experience in quantitative role
- Experience in marketing analytics such as media mix modeling, incrementally and attribution, LTV, and RoAS
- Good to have a solid understanding of causal inference and RCT design
The range displayed on this job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position in the location(s) listed. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including, without limitation, job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. NEXT employees are eligible to participate in our equity incentive program and will also receive our benefits package, consisting of our partially subsidized medical plan, fully subsidized vision/dental options, life insurance, disability insurance, 401(k), flexible paid time off, parental leave and more.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.