Internal Audit Specialist
NEXT’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive. We’re doing that by building the only technology-led, full-stack provider of small business insurance in the industry, taking on the entire value chain and transforming the customer experience.
Simply put, wherever you find small businesses, you’ll find NEXT.
Since 2016, we’ve helped hundreds of thousands of small business customers across the United States get fast, customized and affordable coverage. We’re backed by industry leaders in insurance and tech, and we still have room to grow — that’s where you come in.
What You’ll Do:
- Research specific business activities, background, and ownership to classify and
complete 'virtual' audits
- Professionally communicate audit documentation requests, including handling
inbound/outbound phone calls and scheduling follow-up calls as appropriate
- Provide outstanding customer service by answering all customer questions and
concerns through the audit process via phone and email channels
- Exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, and decision making skills to determine
appropriate actions based on audit findings
- Meet or exceed goals on assigned work within established company standards for
quality and production
- Collaborate with Team Lead in association with Risk, Data Science, and Insurance
Product teams to track audit results and improve the audit process and insurance
What We Need:
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
- BA/BS degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to conduct independent research and analysis
- Superior analytical skills
- At least 1+ year experience in data entry
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that some underrepresented people are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At NEXT, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
One of our core values is 'Play as a Team'; this means making sure everyone has an equal chance to participate and make a difference. We win by playing together. Next Insurance is an equal opportunity employer and prioritizes building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants of any type and do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job-related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state, and local laws. Next's policy is to comply with all applicable laws related to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.