Commercial Business Development Director
With a vision for a bustling in-space economy that can support permanent jobs in space, Orbit Fab is building the fundamental infrastructure this entire economy can be built upon: a fuel supply in orbit.
Today, satellites cannot be refueled. A single-use paradigm severely limits satellite mobility and holds back the development of economic activities in space. Orbit Fab is building the first Gas Stations in Space™ refueling infrastructure. We develop the supply chain architecture and technology to deliver propellant in space, allowing satellites to be built for lower cost, to be more flexible and maneuverable, to be more precisely controlled, and to operate longer, enabling operations and business models that have never before been imagined..
Established in 2018, we have already flown three tankers to space; with the first one flown within one year of founding. Working closely with partners and customers across the space industry, we are making the thriving in-space economy a reality.
The Business Development Director will be an exceptional relationship builder who will work with the Chief Commercial Officer to build the Business Development team and strategy. You will serve as a point of contact for customers from early capabilities studies through successful contract awards. You will work directly with a small team to quickly iterate on satellite refueling and servicing solutions and ensure they meet all customer needs. You will be a big part of building a winning commercial business development organization.
The ideal candidate will bring experience in entrepreneurship ecosystem building and partnership building in the space industry. A background in managing sales cycles is preferred. Existing relationships and a working knowledge of entrepreneurship or small business development are essential. This candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of the business needs of satellite operators, spacecraft manufacturers, and the emerging satellite servicing industry. Orbit Fab must understand that the candidate has a demonstrated history of inspiring and driving business and possesses the ability to connect and build strong relationships.
- Build and sustain a vibrant list of potential clients, maintain the CRM and sales pipeline, report on progress
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the client’s business and technology needs
- Develop relationships with prospective clients as you facilitate the sales process
- Create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients; negotiate contracts and communicate terms to stakeholders
- Network widely to initiate conversations; daily cold calls and emails
- Support in the writing and creation of proposals
- Monitor trends and developments related to our industry, business products, competition, processes, and operations
- This role will require out of state travel up to 20% of the time
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize, and attend to the details
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated ability to close multi-million dollar deals with the government
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Understanding of government acquisition process
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated achievement in business development and building sales pipelines
- Experience in B2B sales
- 5+ years of experience winning commercial deals
- Experience in space operations
If you feel you would succeed in the role above, we encourage you to apply regardless of whether or not you meet all of the requirements listed.
Location and Benefits
Orbit Fab is based out of Lafayette, Colorado and all roles are based in Colorado. We offer fully covered benefits and flexible work hours.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Orbit Fab Inc does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Something looks off?