Paralegal (Part-time or Full-time)
With a vision for a bustling in-space economy that can support permanent jobs in space, Orbit Fab is building the fundamental infrastructure this entire economy can be built upon: a fuel supply in orbit.
Today, satellites cannot be refueled. A single-use paradigm severely limits satellite mobility and holds back the development of economic activities in space. Orbit Fab is building the first Gas Stations in Space™ refueling infrastructure. We develop the supply chain architecture and technology to deliver propellant in space, allowing satellites to be built for lower cost, to be more flexible and maneuverable, to be more precisely controlled, and to operate longer, enabling operations and business models that have never before been imagined..
Established in 2018, we have already flown three tankers to space; with the first one flown within one year of founding. Working closely with partners and customers across the space industry, we are making the thriving in-space economy a reality.
- Conduct legal research and provide summaries and analysis of legal issues
- Provide review and drafting support for legal documents and corporate agreements and instruments, including confidentiality agreements, services agreements, consulting agreements, and other routine agreements
- Support filings and applications with regulatory agencies (e.g., FCC, NOAA, Department of State)
- Support the administration of the company’s intellectual property portfolio, including maintaining trademark and patent applications, and coordinating with IP counsel.
- Support the corporate secretarial function, including assisting with minutes, resolutions and written consents and maintaining corporate minute books and other corporate records
- Provide corporate governance support and serve as primary organizer and administrator of corporate records; assist with filing annual reports and other corporate documents for the company and its subsidiaries
- Provide support for fundraising and strategic transactions as needed, including due diligence support, document organization, and closings
- Develop and implement reports and processes for monitoring outside legal spend and invoice review
- Maintain the department’s contract management system and other information databases in order to centralize and streamline key templates, policies, and procedures
- Generally support the legal team’s day-to-day activities
- Coordinate with outside counsel as needed
- Associate’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required, Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- 3+ years of relevant corporate paralegal experience with a law firm and/or corporate legal department preferred.
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry preferred.
- Self-starter with intellectual curiosity capable of learning on the job, taking initiative, pioneering new approaches and thriving within a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Careful attention to detail and strong quality of work product.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Capable of maintaining the highest standards of discretion and confidentiality.
The estimated salary range for this position is $25-40/hr, depending on experience
If you feel you would succeed in the role above, we encourage you to apply regardless of whether or not you meet all of the requirements listed.
Location and Benefits
Orbit Fab is based out of Lafayette, Colorado and all roles are based in Colorado. We offer fully covered benefits, unlimited time off and flexible work hours.
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Orbit Fab Inc does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Something looks off?