Supply Chain Program Manager
Supply Chain Program Manager
SPAN develops innovative technologies that support an electrified future and give homeowners unprecedented levels of control over their home energy usage.
The SPAN Panel—our flagship product—is a “smart” replacement for the 100-year-old electrical panel found in most homes, allowing for circuit-level monitoring and control from any iOS or Android device. When combined with solar and battery storage, our panel offers the best home backup solution available on the market.
SPAN Drive—our newest accessory—is the fastest universal EV charger currently available and a monumental achievement in the residential tech space.
SPAN is seeking a Supply Chain Program Manager to join the Supply Chain Operations team. The supply chain operations team plays a key role in the entire life cycle of materials for all products. The team maintains accountability of production material readiness and manages global inventory. The team also manages the supply/demand planning for all products. The Supply Chain Program Manager (SCPM): will develop processes to scale operations to optimize
- Drive operational business cadence with internal partners and contract manufacturers
- Drive business insights through data management of strategic key performance indicators including establishing KPIs, reporting processes, and concepting initiatives to drive performance improvement.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and implement necessary BOM changes.
- Conduct BOM and supply chain risk analysis and determine supply continuity strategy.
- Identify and communicate supply chain risks and mitigation plans to cross-functional teams.
- Identify and drive cost improvement opportunities in new designs and throughout the product life cycle.
- Manage CM/Suppliers/Vendor engagements to ensure supply continuity and material readiness from proto into production.
- Manage E&O, PPV, Risk Buys, last time buys and strategic buffers.
- Manage spending against budgets and collaborate with Finance to provide financial forecasts.
- Drive supply chain initiatives and process improvements to help the team grow in scalability.
- Coordinate resolution of technical issues in production w/appropriate cross function (quality, mfg test, SCPM, etc.)
- Material strategy for PCBA’s / sub-assembly level builds.
- Weekly Clear-To-Build report for all scheduled CM builds.
- Execution of PO’s for E&O, PPV, Risk Buys, LTB’s and strategic buffers.
- Sub-assembly level material risks and mitigation plans.
- BOM risk analysis for PCBA’s / sub-assemblies.
- COGs reports for PCBA’s / sub-assemblies.
- Cross-Functional communication of material risks and mitigation plans.
- Supply chain cost input to budgets and forecasts.
- Monthly financial updates for PO accruals, budget and spend forecasts.
We are seeking a Supply Chain Program Manager who has:
10+ years of well-rounded experience in various supply chain functions, including: material management, planning, inventory and logistics
BA or BS in engineering, supply chain management, or equivalent experience
Self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise, and problem solve
Advanced experience in spreadsheets and similar analysis/planning tools
Excellent analytical, negotiation, and organizational skills
We would love to hire someone who has:
Built and/or managed processes from the ground up
Experience working at a startup and in new product launch environments
Experience thriving in nascent space and building solutions
Comfort with ambiguity
Background with product lifecycle management and MRP/ERP systems (Oracle, SAP)
The U.S. base salary range for this position is $97,000 - $179,265 plus benefits, equity and variable compensation for Sales-related roles. This range represents SPAN’s good faith estimate of competitively-priced salary for the role based on national, real-time industry data from companies of a similar growth stage. This range reflects minimum and maximum new hire salaries for the role across US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and individual factors including relevant skills, experience and education or training. This range correlates to the relative level of the candidate we believe we need for the role and may require an adjustment for candidates of a different level.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for the location this role is based during the hiring process.
Life at SPAN
Headquartered in San Francisco’s vibrant SoMa neighborhood, we are an eclectic group of creative thinkers who value open communication, teamwork, and a ‘make it happen’ approach to addressing complex challenges.
SPAN embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
We’re hiring talented individuals who are driven by success and are passionate about shaping the future of renewable energy. If that sounds like you, we’d love for you to consider joining the rapidly growing team at SPAN.
⚡ Competitive compensation + equity grants at a well-funded, venture-backed company
⚡ Comprehensive benefits (including medical; dental, vision, life and disability insurance)
⚡ Comfortable, sunny office space located near BART and Caltrain public transit
⚡ Strong focus on teambuilding and company culture (events, meet-ups, clubs)
⚡ Flexible hours and unlimited PTO