Associate Director, EH&S
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are seeking an experienced leader to grow our safety program at Twelve. As an EH&S manager you will be supporting a dynamic research organization working on cutting edge technologies with huge environmental benefits. You’ll be a strong voice for safety and environmental stewardship in the workplace. You’ll manage internal and external resources in expanding our safety program across a growing number of sites. You’ll work closely with scientists and engineers to safely advance progress in research and development, manufacturing, and production environments. An ideal candidate will be a fast learner, problem-solver and self-starter who is comfortable operating in a rapidly changing startup environment.
What you will do
- Direct the development, implementation, maintenance, and improvement of EHS programs and processes
- Lead and support team members by providing training, coaching, and guidance to ensure alignment with all federal, state, local, and corporate requirements
- Manage EH&S specialists and external consultants in executing and improving Twelve’s safety program
- Collaborate with operations, facilities, and IT teams to develop policy and programs to improve employee experience
- Act as a technical safety resource for research, process development, and manufacturing teams
- Manage EH&S training programs such as Hazardous Waste handling, GHS, Lockout/Tagout, etc.
- Conduct and/or coordinate risk assessments, regular inspections of work areas, incident response and after action reports
Who you are
- 10 years of EH&S experience
- Experience leading EH&S in a research environment and manufacturing OR production environment
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills, with the ability to influence across multiple areas of the business and external partners
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations, relevant codes, and permitting processes
- Skilled in core computer tools such as Google Workspace, task tracking software & cloud storage
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.