Operations Technician - Electrochemical Testing
Twelve is a new kind of chemical company built for the climate era. Our breakthrough technology eliminates emissions by turning CO2 into essential products. We are a team of scientists, engineers and problem solvers on a mission to fundamentally shift the way the world addresses climate change and lead the transition to a fossil free future with our carbon transformation technology.
We are currently looking for an Operations Technician to join the Reactor Operations & Testing Team. We are responsible for conducting CO2 electrolysis at our research scale, maintaining our fleet of testing equipment, and reporting out data to experiment requesters and testing equipment owners.
What you will do
- Build CO2 electrolyzers and set up CO2 conversion testing
- Maintaining, testing, and troubleshooting equipment such as pressure regulators, flow controllers, pumps, sensors (pressure transducers, thermocouples, etc.), power supplies, and gas chromatographs
- Data processing and reporting on test and equipment status
- Assembly of testing equipment components, performing equipment upgrades and retrofits with guidance from engineering teams
- Maintain and improve on organization, quality, utilization of lab spaces
- Maintain documentation for standard operations
- Report out on and track task completion
Who you are
We recognize that experience comes in different forms, many skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is clear demonstration of skill, dedication and ability to learn.
- You have experience showing broad technical abilities, including but not limited to the following areas:
- Experience assembling/building products following SOPs
- Experience working with compressed gasses and pressurized fluids
- Experience in chemicals handling in the lab-setting environment
- Experience working with mechanical tools
- You are knowledgeable about safe operations and can demonstrate a safety mindset
- You thrive in structured environments, with the flexibility to adapt when needed, and enjoy finding ways to make even routine tasks fun
- You have strong communication skills
- You have a strong desire and curiosity to learn new things
- You are able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Competitive salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
We believe that the unique contributions of each individual is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.