Guidance, Navigation, and Control Engineer (Recent Graduate)
Please apply using this link. https://airtable.com/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
*Position Description *
Satellite servicing missions require autonomous, robotic actions in orbit. To fulfill our mission Starfish is developing the Otter servicing vehicle and the CEPHALOPOD guidance software to interact with and maximize the operational value of satellites. This position will support the development of flight algorithms to autonomously guide satellites during rendezvous, proximity operations, and docking (RPOD), and relies on guidance, navigation, and control skills. This engineer will do everything ranging from writing software, to developing autonomous flight algorithms, to executing testing campaigns to ensure high reliability performance.
- Either 2+ years of professional GNC experience in space systems, OR a strong academic record with significant exposure to GNC topics
- Internships in aerospace companies, space-related campus activities, or a few years of aerospace engineering experience are strongly desired
- Working knowledge of satellite guidance and/or control
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar field
- Previous experience developing flight algorithms for space systems
- Programming experience in Python and/or C/C++
- Proficiency with astrodynamics
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.