Business Operations Manager
Please read the job requirements carefully and apply using this link: https://airtable.com/app8iJoQclyFJRNi7/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
Starfish Space is a fast-growing Series A space startup in Seattle, Washington founded by former Blue Origin and NASA engineers. We are giving life to on-orbit services with our Otter servicing vehicle. We have raised over $22M in venture funding to-date, coupled with over $10M in research funding, and have been recognized by NASA, the US Air Force, and US Space Force.
This summer, we launched our demonstration satellite "Otter Pup" to space. Our goal is the first-ever docking between two commercial satellites in Low Earth Orbit, and the first satellite docking ever using electric propulsion (view a video overview of Otter Pup here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLWut6TFJBs&t). Throughout 2023, we’ll be focused on ensuring a successful Otter Pup mission, as well as continuing development of our full-scale Otter servicing vehicle. We are on track for our first customer launches in 2025.
Starfish Space is growing fast and looking for someone to support us in continuing to scale and operate a variety of business functions, including Business Operations, Marketing, Finance, and People Operations. This role will take over multiple business operations functions as the company scales. This is a great opportunity to play a key role in scaling up a startup, and to build a business around technology that can change how humans go out into the universe around us.
- US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to relocate to Seattle, WA and work from our Tukwila, WA headquarters several days per week
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment where job tasks may change regularly
- College degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with hiring, marketing, finance, facilities, and/or other key aspects of company operations preferred
- Excellent written and verbal skills along with a high level of professionalism and integrity
- Previous startup experience a bonus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.