Computer Vision / Autonomous Navigation Engineer
Please apply using this link: https://airtable.com/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
Satellite servicing missions require safe and reliable autonomous navigation and docking systems. Computer Vision is vital to that goal, and Starfish's CETACEAN relative navigation software uses Computer Vision and other data to autonomously navigate and dock satellites in orbit. This position will support the development of CETACEAN’s computer vision and state estimation capabilities, relying on satellite operations knowledge and expertise in estimation filters and/or Computer Vision.
- 3+ years of experience using Computer Vision in a professional context, preferably in autonomous vehicles. Graduating PhDs with a relevant focus will also be considered
- Experience implementing / tuning state estimation filters
- Experience implementing / adapting / validating Computer Vision algorithms (traditional or ML-based)
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, or similar field
- Experience with Computer Vision / AI in an aerospace context is a plus, but not required
- Previous experience designing and/or prototyping algorithm-based products
- Programming experience in Python and/or C/C++
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.