Please apply using this link: https://airtable.com/shrMK68DCp52e2u7B
Satellite servicing missions require autonomous, robotic actions in orbit. Our vehicle requires several robotic components, including our thruster boom system, Nautilus capture mechanism, and more. We are looking for a strong robotics specialist to help design and build those systems. This engineer will do everything ranging from designing robotic arms and other devices, to building prototypes, to helping write the software / hardware interfaces to make them work. This is a really cool role to build robotic features that have never before been flown in space!
- 3+ years of experience building robotic components in a professional role, or a very strong academic background in robotics including graduate degrees
- Hands-on experience using circuit design and analysis software
- Proficiency with electrical circuit theory and electrical manufacturing processes
- Must be a US person (citizen or permanent resident)
- Willing to work from Tukwila, Washington
- Capable of working a dynamic, fast paced startup environment
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience working on HW / SW integration is a plus
- Familiarity with hardware for space applications is a plus, but is not required
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.